Associate Vice President, Human Resources
Join the leadership team of one of Minnesota’s largest, most progressive non-profit, human services organizations–whose history and reputation of successfully meeting the needs of children, families, older adults, and persons with disabilities through positive change began well over 100 years ago! The organization is comprised of approximately 2400 employees and has revenues of $180+ million dollars.
Lutheran Social Service of MN (LSS) is seeking highly knowledgeable and experienced candidates for the position of Associate Vice President, Human Resources. The successful candidate will lead a staff of 16 HR professionals and manage a budget of $2+ million dollars. This position has broad responsibilities for the development of the Human Resources guidelines and strategies, which advance the multi-year objectives for enhancing service innovation and delivery, improving health outcomes, and strengthening the organization’s stand as an Anti-racism organization for Social Justice and Racial Equity.
The Associate Vice President, Human Resources will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer/Vice President and serve as an advisor to the executive team; this role is also the primary HR Business Partner to the senior leadership team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide overall leadership to the HR staff
- Direct the HR functions (talent acquisition, employee relations and compliance, employee engagement, learning and development, compensation and benefits)
- Provide leadership and guidance to the organization’s initiatives supporting the Anti-racism stand and Social Justice
- Personally and professionally exhibit behaviors that reflect the LSS mission and commitment to Trustworthiness and our stand for Social Justice and Racial Equity
- Develop and implement strategies and programs that drive operational excellence and organization effectiveness
– BA Degree in Human Resources/Labor Relations, or Business
- Work Experience:
– At least 7 years experience in Human Resource administration (in the areas of staffing/recruitment, compensation planning, and analysis, benefits planning, career development, and knowledge of HRIS and LMS systems)
– At least 7 years experience in organizational leadership and development, leading teams to achieve operational excellence, and in managing people, tasks, and major projects in a highly complex work environment
What Sets LSS Apart:
It’s a Top Workplace in Minnesota! LSS again received this special designation by the Star Tribune Top Workplace employee engagement survey. This is the third time their employees’ feedback has landed them on the Top Workplace list. This recognition is achieved by organizations whose employees give them high marks as a great place to work. LSS ranked 40 for large employers on the list of 175 Top Workplace employers. Their workplace culture is built on the Seven Fs (Faith, Family, Finances, Fitness, Friends, Fun and Future), to create a supportive, positive work environment for all employees and to deliver operational excellence.
LSS provides a comprehensive benefit package, Life, Medical, Dental, STD/LTD, a generous PTO benefit, Retirement Savings with employer match, and an array of voluntary benefits. Salary Information available upon request.